The Teacher Awards 2023 (“the Awards”) are run by Teacher magazine. Teacher magazine is published by The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 398 145) (“ACER”). (“ACER”) is conducting the ‘Teacher Awards 2023’ (“the Awards”) for the purpose of recognising outstanding approaches to teaching and school leadership in Australian schools (“the Aims”).
In administering the Awards ACER may collect your personal information. Personal information is that information or opinion that tends to identify a particular individual such as name and date of birth. ACER will only collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of promoting, marketing and administering the Awards (“the Purpose”).
If your personal information is not provided to ACER you may not be able to participate in the Awards. Other than that, there is no particular impact for you other than missing the opportunity to assist ACER achieve the Aims.
Disclosure of your personal information (including sensitive information)
ACER may disclose your personal information (including sensitive information) in pursuit of the Purpose or to support the Aims to:
- government, educational bodies such as schools or statutory bodies which have an interest in the Aims or the Awards;
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER in pursuing the Purpose from time to time;
- where ACER is required to do so by law, to government agencies, or individuals appointed by government, responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints connected with the Study.
Transfer of personal information overseas
ACER will not transfer your personal information overseas in pursuit of the Purpose.
ACER will abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You have the right to:
- inspect the your personal information;
- request amendment of your personal information; and
- make complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.