Teacher Privacy Statement
Teacher PRIVACY STATEMENT
In the course of your subscribing to ‘The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd.’s’ (ABN 19 004 398 145) (“ACER”) Teacher e- publication ACER may collect your personal information. Personal information is that information or opinion that tends to identify a particular individual and ACER may collect your name and contact details (including email, role/title, school/organisation including phone numbers and addresses) and possible financial information, including credit card information.
ACER on behalf of Teacher may collect such personal information for the purpose of:
- processing your subscription to Teacher;
- ensuring your subscription is kept up to date;
- ensuring you receive your subscription and any relevant goods and/or services you purchase;
- conducting any competitions, events or other transactions relevant to Teacher and its sponsors;
- answering any queries or requests you may have concerning; and
- direct marketing to you (see consent below).
ACER on behalf of Teacher will only collect, store, use and disclose your personal information in pursuit of the Purpose.
If you do not provide your personal information your subscription to Teacher may not be processed and you may not receive the other benefits related to ACER achieving the Purpose listed above.
Disclosure of your personal information generally
ACER may disclose your personal information to:
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER in pursuing the Purpose from time to time; and
- where ACER is required to do so by law, to government agencies, or individuals appointed by government, responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints connected with Teacher.
Other than specified above, ACER will not share or sell your personal information, collected by ACER in pursuit of the Purpose, with or to any third party.
Transfer of your personal information outside Australia
Your personal information collected in pursuit of the Purpose will not be transferred out of Australia.
Why we collect your personal information
By ticking the box relating to Privacy statement you consent to Teacher using your personal information for the purpose for which it is submitted – to receive regular weekly updates from Teacher and from time to time (periodical) messages from Teacher sponsors.
You can unsubscribe from Teacher magazine and/or Teacher sponsor messages by using the unsubscribe facility in relevant marketing communications or by contacting Teacher via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACER will abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You have the right to:
- inspect your personal information;
- request amendment of your personal information; and
- make complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.
Should you not wish to give these consents or have any queries concerning this Privacy Statement please contact:
Editor, Teacher magazine
The Australian Council for Educational Research
19 Prospect Hill Road
Camberwell Victoria 3124
Telephone: +61 3 9277 5555