For this week’s video, Teacher ventured to Victoria’s south-east to Dandenong High School.
There, the team spoke to Maria Papazoglou, Manager of the school’s Learning Resource Centre, about her favourite books for reluctant readers in a secondary school setting.
In the video, she recommends the following titles, emphasising that each can engage students in different ways.
- Amulet, Kazu Kibuishi
- Maximum Ride, James Patterson
- The Stormbreaker series, Anthony Horowitz
- Guinness Book of World Records, edited by Craig Glenday
- Once, Morris Gleitzman
- Punchlines, Oliver Pommervanh
- The Big Book of Old Tom, Leigh Hobbs
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green.
What titles have you used in the past to engage reluctant readers?
Let us know in the comments below, email email@example.com or tweet @teacheracer using the #TeacherMag hashtag.