For this week’s video, Teacher ventured to Victoria’s south-east to Dandenong High School.
There, the team spoke to Maria Papazoglou, Manager of the school’s Learning Resource Centre, about her favourite books for reluctant readers in a secondary school setting.
In the video, she recommends the following titles, emphasising that each can engage students in different ways.
- Amulet, Kazu Kibuishi
- Maximum Ride, James Patterson
- The Stormbreaker series, Anthony Horowitz
- Guinness Book of World Records, edited by Craig Glenday
- Once, Morris Gleitzman
- Punchlines, Oliver Pommervanh
- The Big Book of Old Tom, Leigh Hobbs
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green.
Head to Part 2, and Part 3 of this video series for a whole new list of titles for reluctant readers to add to your school library.
What titles have you used in the past to engage reluctant readers?
Let us know in the comments below, email email@example.com or tweet @teacheracer using the #TeacherMag hashtag.